2011년 11월 26일 토요일

creative essay- 15 years later

"I'm sorry. I miss you a lot, too. Good night, mom."
I hung up the phone with deep breath. Stressed out, tired of being alone. It
has been four years since I started working in New York as a diplomat. 15 years ago,when I first had a dream to be a diplomat, I thought about fancy receptions, full of pride, high name value. I believed everything will work out well, always happy. However, now I understand why previous diplomats say that being diplomat is not that happy as much you imagine about. To be frank with, it's quite lonely and oppressive to be alone in foreign country. Here, New York is the first place that I began my career. I have several meetings and conferences per day, not enough time to ponder about whether I'm really happy about this job or not. I feel difficulties in marriage, too. I'm not sure about my family could endure adapting in multiple times of moving and changing the surroundings. My parents worry about me that I won't marry forever, but actually I don't marry at all. I think I can do my task freely without family.
Tomorrow, I have important international conference in Empire-State building. I hope I can make an agreement on the agenda about development of ASEAN since Japan fell into double-deep economic depression. Ambassader asked me to solve this problem effectively because I majored in Economics. Japan's problem is extremly rapid aging but currently they need financial aid from friendly nations. Japanese government asked ASEAN for help and ASEAN have to expand the scale of the organization. It will be a hard mission, but I should lead Asian countries to invest more money on our group.
Mom's last word is keep bothering my mind. Little brother is little bit sick. God, please take care of him. You are the only one who can overlook everyone. Please, present the happiness to my family and give me the best luck for tomorrow. Amen.

2개의 덧글:

2011년 12월 5일 오전 8:29 , Blogger Joshua Kim 덧글 내용...

It's interesting to see how his plans for the future are analagous to mine since I am thinking about majoring in economics as well! But I guess my major can change because many people change their minds once they go to college. Anyway, it's good to see how you have a straightforward and clear vision for your future! It's also good to see your devout attitude towards Christianity by using words such as God, Amen etc. Keep up the good work.

 
2011년 12월 16일 오전 10:53 , Blogger Mr. Garrioch 덧글 내용...

What about North Korea? I'm really curious if we've united yet. I hope so, and I hope it went well without too much turbulence. And yeah - being a diplomat is not everyone's cup of tea. Imagine all the stress. Good post, but it feels a bit short.

 

댓글 쓰기

에 가입 댓글 [Atom]

<< 홈